Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day Two

Well I officially HATE this diet. I woke up this morning feeling weak from the ends of my finger tips to the ends of my toes. It felt like I hadn't eaten in forever, even though I had. I even started sweating like you do right before you are going to faint.

At first I thought maybe I was already having sugar with drawls, which would be really PATHETIC since it had only been one day, but then I figured out that my blood sugar was probably just really low because all I had for dinner was broccoli and cauliflower.

So at like 6:00 a.m. I raced downstairs and started eating things. I ate a few strawberries and some leftover bacon from yesterday, which kind of made me feel sicker. Then I went back to bed for an hour. I felt a little better after I got up but not much.

So today I basically stuffed myself so that I wouldn't have the same affect the next morning. Of course nothing I ate was really that exciting or satisfying. I don't know how people can possibly stay on this diet for 3 months.

I had plain yogurt with berries for breakfast (one of the few fruits you can have). I don't even really like yogurt so having it plain was well not the greatest, but not horrible. I could probably get used to it.

For lunch I had homemade tomato soup that I canned myself this summer. After eating it I checked the ingredients and whoops there was a little bit of sugar in it, but not much so I'm not going to worry about it.

Dinner was actually really good. We had crock pot shredded taco meat that I ate without the tacos. It is actually a really yummy recipe and completely okay on this diet.

Here it is.

1 rump roast however big you want
2 serrano chilies chopped
1 onion chopped
2-3 cloves garlic minced
1 cup water
Salt

Cut the roast into 4 pieces and put then brown it on the stove
Transfer to the crock pot
Add everything else
Cook on high 6-8 hours
Shred with fork and serve on tortillas or however you want.

I made a cilantro dressing that was okay to put on mine. Here is the recipe for that. I used bottled lemon juice which was way to strong and I would recommend using less oil and add it as you go along until it tastes right. I liked it enough to make again I'll just use real lemon juice next time and go easy on the oil.

Cilantro Dressing

Ingredients

3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

1 small garlic clove, minced or pressed

1 teaspoon fresh cilanto, minced
(I put in 2 tablespoons because I LOVE cilantro.)

1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
(I have made it without and it is delicious!)

1/2 teaspoon ocean sea salt, to taste (I put in a very small pinch)

2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed

Preparation

1. Put all ingredients in a Bullet or bottle and shake it very well. A blender can also be used.
This is easier to make in a Bullet!

2. Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.


recipe from http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/recipes/index.php


During the day I snacked on plain almonds. I'm not a nut lover so not the best snack but all the other snacks require a lot of work to make. One of these nights I'll have to just make them. The problem is that when you want a snack you want it right then not after an hour of making it.

Anyway that was my day. Hopefully tomorrow morning will be better.

Yes I know this is a super boring blog, haha, but its helping me to have something to be accountable to. :)

4 comments:

  1. Again... SO impressed with you! You are a total ROCK star! And no, I don't think this blog is boring; I am WAY curious as to how it's all going, so thanks for posting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding its totally boring, I just read the post, what can be exciting about well eating plain almonds. I really need to find a new snack food. Anyway on to a new post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the weakness at the start of a diet, it is always the worst the first 3-4 days while your body protests the change. It will get better!!

    ReplyDelete