Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day Four

Today I woke up with absolutely no stomach symptoms. Yea!

But today was also tough in that I had to teach a workshop on adoption and there was a whole table full of cookies, chips, salsa, crackers and cheese dips. And I could have absolutely nothing there except for water. Yep water thats it. And guess what I did it. I didn't have one thing. Even though my friend claimed her oatmeal cookies were one of her best batches ever. I'm kind of proud of myself, but also annoyed at myself for doing this dumb diet and losing the chance to have the worlds greatest oatmeal cookie. Aachh. Can I really do this? I mean really I'm hungry right now and there is nothing worth having so why snack.

Anyway here is my menu for the day:

Breakfast - plain yogurt, raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries - I really hope I still like berries after this is over

Lunch - A big boring salad just like yesterday but with a different homemade dressing that wasn't that great either so I won't post the recipe. I think if I tweak it though it could be good

Dinner - Teriyaki chicken and brown rice with onion and various colored pepper. Teriyaki sauce is technically a no no. But really how gross would plain chicken and peppers be. So I cheated in that, but I don't think there is much sugar in it so I'm not going to worry about it.

Snacks - a few grape tomatoes and yep some plain almonds, that was pretty much it, there really isn't much else to snack on because I haven't made the veggie chips yet.

It seems like we have had something every night so I haven't been able to cook anything ahead of time. Which is why my food choices are so boring. I really need to just spend a day cooking things to eat all week, but like thats going to happen. Haha

30 more days to go!

1 comment:

  1. My dad cooks all his stuff for the week on Saturday, then it's in the fridge and meal/snack ready. It works really well for him since he can eat as soon as he's hungry, and helps keep him on track!

    ReplyDelete