Monday, February 8, 2010

Day EIGHT

I woke up this morning and my stomach didn't hurt but it definitely did not feel happy. I think after a week of NO sugar, bread, or anything that tastes half way decent, it was not happy after the big cheat I did yesterday.

It was kind of eye opening really how much sugar etc. can affect your system. I think when I'm done with this diet I will still limit my sugar a lot more that I have in the past. I think I'll be more aware of the things that I buy and keep in my house. Our pantry currently is just one big carb fest, from granola bars, the chocolate covered kind, to fruit snacks, etc. etc. etc. So just looking in that thing is bad for me. I really can't eat anything in there.

Today I did pretty good, I actually had to skip breakfast which isn't good, but my stomach really didn't feel hungry and we were late for art class.

For lunch I used the chicken from my big crock pot fest and made a salad with chicken. Not that creative but it was pretty good.

For dinner I actually made a really yummy recipe. It is called spicy meatloaf and has a completely different taste than I am use to. It doesn't stay together as well as normal meatloaf because you aren't using any bread crumbs, but it was still really good. So we had that with chinese style asparagus, which was really really good. Probably because it is cooked in butter. What isn't good cooked in butter?

Here are the recipes, both winners I think.


Spicy Meatloaf (courtesy of this website - hopefully it is okay to post this http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/recipes/recipe282.php

Ingredients

  • 2 pounds ground beef
  • 1/2 medium red onion, diced
  • 1/4 red bell pepper, diced
  • 1 - 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
  • 2 medium whole eggs, beaten
  • 1/2 cup Tomato Paste
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
  • 2 teaspoons dried mustard powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme, dried
  • 2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper

Note: All spices and herbs must be either fresh and organic, or certified organic. All dried commercial spices are being irradiated (zapped with radiation), which change and damage the body's cells if consumed.

Preparation

  1. In large bowl mix all ingredients very well.
  2. Put it in glass or stoneware loaf pan and bake at 325°F 1 hour and 15 minutes, until loaf appears slightly browned on top.
  3. Remove from the oven and let it sit for 5 minutes.
Chinese Style Asparagus

Take 2 lbs asparagus and cut or break off the ends ( I used less)
Wash and cut into 1 inch diagonal pieces
Put in a pan with 1/3 cup water or 1/3 cup butter (I made a mixture of both, mostly butter)
Cover pan with lid and let cook for 5-7 minutes until it is soft and water has evaporated.

This was delicious

Anyway thats my day. Snacks have been grape tomatoes and almonds.

I'm sure I'm eating too many almonds since they are still a carb, but they were listed as okay, and for some reason when I am craving a cracker they seem to do the job for the most part.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy sounding recipes! I'm in trouble I guess, since all the spices I use are commercial dried ones... uh-oh...

    ReplyDelete