Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Day Before

Tomorrow I am starting the Candida diet. No one thinks I can do it, including myself. My goal is to try it for one month and then if I survive, continue for longer. The main reason I am trying this diet is to rid my system of endometriosis which is said to feed on candida. Well we will see!

I have never really dieted in my entire life, unless you count eating celery for two full days in college. But lets be honest that was a joke I know half the time that what I am eating isn't healthy but it really has never bothered me or really affected me, or so I thought.

I am trying this diet tomorrow not because of what I look like on the outside but because of what is going on in the inside. I have had surgery before and the doctor found loads of endometriosis and he burned it out. But from how I feel and my latest doctors appt. IT has come back. So instead of going on birth control, which really only stops the growth, I want to try to kill it all off.

I am starting this blog to document my days, what I am eating, and how I am feeling. I know this is going to be super hard because I LOVE all of the things that I can't have on this diet. This blog is my way of being accountable even though probably no one will read it. But at least I will have an outlet when I am dying from a brownie craving. So good luck to me.

And so I begin......

3 comments:

  1. Good luck Lisa! I am rooting for you, and will read and you journey through this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck! That is a great idea and hopefully will make your body feel better.
    We will be anxcious to see how it goes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can totally do it! I need to call you, since I didn't even know your were thinking about doing this, and I don't even know what it totally entails. Go, girl!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete